The largest network of hip spaces across the globe, most being hostels with shared or private rooms for shorter stays. Some offer dedicated coworking (extra cost) and other facilities such as pool and restaurant.
Reviews we don't rate spaces—please interpret other's opinions per your own values
Once again amazing experience at the Selina, great location, good vibes and amazing staff,
We got upgraded for our honeymoon with special treats, a cold bottle of wine was waiting for us in the room.
We specially want to thank alondra for her kindness! We will definitely come back again
Selina is a nice hotel with friendly staff. The restaurant Mia inside is extremely expensive.. our first day we spend so much for not that much, the other days we just bought Corona from the supermarket nearby and a bag of ice and chilled on the beach beds on the left side. Ask for a room furthest from the beach club since the music is very loud at night.
Be careful booking online. The pictures are great but the hotel is old and outdated. The rooms smell bad. The equipment doesn’t work. Many of the rooms can’t have the air conditioning working for more than 2h per day.
I spent 5 days in this hotel.
The location is good, the pool is nice. But that’s pretty much all there is.
The pictures you’ll see in the internet are outdated. The rooms are much older than they look.
I had a problem with the air conditioning for two nights (while the temp was >95 degrees). After 5 hours spent inside the room for 5 attempts to solve the issue the maintenance guy confessed me that the hotel doesn’t pay electricity for the power distributor and can’t offer air conditioning for all the rooms.
The staff was nice and tried to solve the issue but after many hours trying to solve it they said that unfortunately it couldn’t be solved. They didn’t offer me to change to another room probably because the problem would happen anyway.
Regarding the smell the culprit is the mold. There is a noticeable smell of mold in the bed and inside the bathroom. However, to be frank, I’ve seen hotels even worse in Tulum. That’s a very humid town and it’s difficult to get rid of the mold in places in front of the beach. But be aware if you are allergic or have high sensitivity to bad smell.
Stay in Selina if you cannot find anything better in the Hotel Zone.
Do not stay if you want to have air conditioning and a clean room.
Mixed feelings about this hotel as it’s way too expensive given the service/amenities.
- great location, it’s right in the middle of the beach strip and lots of restaurants and beach clubs are a short walk away
- beach and pool are great. As part of staying at selina you can use the pool and some of the beach beds. The rest of the beach beds are reserved for customers of Mia beach club which includes a minimum spend
- music is great and pool area is lively
- unlike other reviews state, the rooms were actually quite quiet. Music from Mia finished before 11 every night
- rooms very spacious
- huge lack of amenities that you would expect given the room was $250 a night. There was no hairdryer in the room, only two towels, no mini fridge.
- free breakfast is a bit limited, for example you can only get black coffee and if you want a latte it will cost extra. Rest of the breakfast is a fruit bowl, some bread and eggs. Staff also asks for tips despite breakfast being included
- Selina staff is friendly but not attentive. They stay in a small independent reception area while the staff at the pool/beach are from Mia beach club so not interested in you unless you are spending money with them
Overall I wouldn’t go back unless the rooms were half the price
Excellent hotel with delicious free breakfast included. Rooms were clean and had great hot water showers. Beach club was always relaxing along with the pool. They also have a cute puppy named Selina as well. I’d like to thank Paola for recommending me different places to visit in the area and for being accommodating.
👁🗨This listing includes unverified public content from both official and user social media, as linked for attribution. Details may not be entirely accurate. Give feedback.