Provence, France🇫🇷 ·
· We first stayed at La Colle back in 2004 for our honeymoon. We always wanted to return, so in August 2019 we did, this time with our two children. We were so pleased to find that nothing had really changed and the beauty of the area and comfort of the house was as we had adoringly remembered it. Gite Galileo is a very easy place in which to spend a few weeks. The pool was once again loved by my wife and I but more so by the kids who could have stayed in the pool all day long. The surrounding area is astoundingly beautiful and we toured the countryside and visited many charming villages in our little car. As mentioned on here Rod provides a 4 x 4 to get up and down the track to and from the house. This is easy to navigate and the children felt it was like a mini safari every day, great fun! Rod was a fab host, very enjoyable and interesting company. While there we met Claudia, Craig and their two children who were staying in the main house. One evening Rod fired the barbecue up and we all had the most lovely evening. We all hope to return to La Colle. Our memories of both holidays have become dream like.
· We stayed at La Colle in July 2019 and had a great time. We are a family of 6 and it was a fantastic experience. Rod made every effort to make our stay enjoyable. It’s a great location - away from the hustle and bustle of life. We spent a lot of time playing in the pool and looking at the amazing countryside. The house has real character and we didn’t want to leave.
· Great place to relax in Provence. Great views and Rod is the perfect host
· My husband and I rented the Main House in La Colle for 2 months and had the experience of a lifetime. The property, with its incredible views, numerous hiking and mountain biking trails, and star-studded night skies, is remotely located down a 4x4 county track, but within 20 minutes, you can be exploring the charming towns of Forcalquier, Sigonce, Lurs and many other points of interest within the surrounding area. The buildings have been renovated from a 400 year old house and barn. Unique and cozy-- the perfect place to get away from a more hectic lifestyle. Rod and his son Paul were on property during our stay. They are the perfect hosts. We enjoyed hanging out with them, chatting over a glass of wine and getting to know them. They helped us navigate our way around and made us feel comfortable and welcomed.
· We had a wonderful holiday here and would love to visit again. The views were stunning, the house itself was lovely - and very comfortable and clean. Rod is a warm and welcoming host. We found the 4x4/dirt track experience loads of fun. Make sure you follow Rod's directions!
👁🗨This listing includes unverified public content from both official and user social media, as attributed or linked. Details may not be entirely accurate. Give feedback.