· The Sunlight Mountain Inn is a throwback to European styled lodges. Has the feeling of community participation. Wood burning fireplaces, various kinds of western art and memorabilia. Nice sized games room with a pool table and a bar. Live music set up in there as well. Lots of couches and hang out places in the lodge as well. Large outdoor area for summer use that includes a volleyball court, horseshoe pit, lawn area and a gazebo with wooden chairs and table. Sits right at the base of the ski mountain too. Very different vibe from 60 miles up valley to Aspen. Takes about 25 to 30 minutes to drive there from the east side of Glenwood Springs.
· My family and I just returned from a 4 day stay at the Lodge. I have to say, we were thoroughly happy with our time there. Jason, the honcho was great. He even called us to alert us of the weather and options if we couldn't make it up. The folks at the pub were great, the breakfast was perfect(real eggs and cooked bacon). The deal I got online for skiing and the iron mtn hot springs was unbeatable. It was like being with your extended family. We will definitely be going back.
· It is cheap, you get what you pay for. Reminds me of a stay at a YMCA camp compound. We stayed for a kids ski race and unfortunately not knowing the layout we booked our room and it was over the bar/lounge area which played music until about 2:30am. We got about 3 hours of quality sleep. If you decide to stay there try not to book rooms 1-4 so you can hopefully escape the noise on the second floor.
· Absolutely beautiful location, friendly staff!! Very cozy and cabin like with great prices. ❤️
· This has been a place I have been coming to ever since 2002. It has changed owners a few times; however, the place has always kept it ambiance. Still today, my wife and I really getting away from it all when we come to stay out side of Glenwood Springs. The breakfast are fantastic, nothing special just a good hardy breakfast. The mountain is right there to go hiking or play Frisbee golf. Maybe just sit out side at night and watch the stars appear. Thank you for having us once again.
👁🗨This listing includes unverified public content from both official and user social media, as attributed or linked. Details may not be entirely accurate. Give feedback.