🌟Spaces displaying our marque self-certify as being invested into their community — making themselves instantly recognisable as supporting their members and guests together as a community, not just a space.
- tell us details for your space, if you're not already listed; we currently only list spaces offering mixed duration stays (month-to-month or under), not exclusively longer-term with notification periods
- display the marque with 1–3 classification tags most appropriate to help visitors understand your space's values and function; choose from our supported tags, and let us know if you think others should be added (some tags have criteria)
- link the logo on your site to your page on this site so visitors have an easy place to find and see public activity, with details for your community; currently we only display the latest official and user Instagram posts, plus reviews from Google and Facebook, this will be expanded in future, e.g. to include events and featured posts from official social media or private chat groups
- pledge transparency of your offer — pricing, community engagement and any booking/application review on your site; displaying at least indicative pricing publicly as opposed only upon request as spaces without are hidden by default, potential customers need to see if you're in their budget; post updates if you should temporarily be unable to offer community facilitation or facilities become unavailable
- commit not to manipulate or suppress any social media posts and reviews; we recommend you have in-person remediation processes in place to avoid issues spilling over onto the interwebs; posts on your profile page here shall comprise aggregated content from the public internet; only your space details may be edited by you
- let us know once you've added the marque and we'll update your listing to be shown above those not using it, and hilighting your classification tags
That's it! We trust that your claim of community stands the test of time.👍
Copy and paste the following HTML into your site (but change the tags!):<center><a href="https://coliving.community/at/space-name">we're a <b>#choose #your #tags</b><br><img src="https://coliving.community/marque.svg" width="220"></a></center>
If you've a dark background, use https://coliving.community/marque-white.svg for the image.
The marque should be displayed on your front page, however you can display it on any page linked directly from there, if so tell us its address and this will be where we link your profile to. Styling can be adjusted as preferred so long as it is legible, and the markup remains the same.
We recommend saving the logo svg file to upload and host yourself on your own site, this reduces the number of other sites a browser has to load when displaying your site (and also prevents tracking, not that we'd do that!).
If you don't have a site yet, you can point your domain to your page here.
We do have some tips…
For a better listing, add:
- your space to Google maps (required for inclusion on our map, though you can ask us to use only your position if you prefer to be semi-private), with photos (and the first should be your best—not a random one from a review); and do encourage guests to leave reviews (but don't pester them)
- your space as a checkin location on Facebook (page with location address, not a personal profile) for user tagging on instagram, and for reviews
- your space to OpenStreetMap and Apple Maps
- our marque 😉 will hilight you on our map
For the best experience on your site, show:
- your next availability 👍 maybe indicating for how long (ideally using an automated integration, else don't forget to keep it up to date)
- what kind of space and facilities you have for working (proper desks and chairs or dining tables?), and your internet speed (both up and down!) test it only when nobody is using it
- how easy it is to find food shops/market, restaurants, the outdoors (parks, beaches, hikes) and activities
- how easy you are to reach (with details) with public transport, else if you offer a pickup from the station or airport (and how much you charge)
- what your number of rooms / capacity is (we show this simply as mini up to large) but you'll probably want to describe what types of rooms you have and how many
- if you offer shared rooms — that is for unrelated people making separate bookings; please don't use 'double' for unrelated people sharing, versus a double bed for single occupancy, or double occupancy (usually a couple but not always!); a room with two beds is often simply called a 'twin' room, two beds above each other are called bunk beds (both regardless of if shared), and more than two beds is called a 'dormitory'; if you have special beds that are semi-private you may call these pods, else capsules if they are end-first or have special features (like in Japan)
For the best community experience, use:
- a community chat tool (e.g. Slack, Whatsapp, or even just an email list) 👍
- a public events calendar for any facilitated by you (also on your site)
- a physical place to share event ideas amongst guests if you've more than a few (such as a blackboard on a wall)